Context of this Job
This is an open position for Administration & Management at Project Greenhands.
Our Visionis to inspire people to plant trees, develop a culture of care towards the environment and make them realize their inevitable dependency on nature.
Our Mission is to increase the green cover of Tamil Nadu by 10% in order to reverse desertification, reduce soil erosion, restore self-sufficiency, recreate sustainability and survive climate change.
Through education, mass people participation, agro-forestry initiatives and most importantly community participation, we aim to provide the necessary inspiration and support to for planting 114 million trees in the shortest span possible.
What your role will be
- Presenting to the core management the monthly progress of the project against targets set.
- Ensuring documentation of all 4 verticals of PGH and donor reporting is happening as per fixed timelines. Develop a rapport and close communication with the POC with donor agency.
- Fund Raising - Identifying potential donors through Isha contacts as well as other leads, online research etc.,. Submit proposals as per given deadlines. If need be, meeting donor agencies to make presentation about the project
- Random field visits to
- at least 6-8 nurseries per month and verification of the documentation procedures set are being followed
- one GSM project area & meeting with GSM field team
- one Agro-forestry zone & meeting the TFL field team
- any one area/training program conducted by IAM team
5) Finance Related
- Monthly approval of operational budget based on yearly plan, keeping a check on expenditure & approval of vouchers as per IO finance policy.
- Making a quarterly fund flow calendar and quarterly assessment of financial expenditure for all 4 projects against budgets
- Preparation of annual finance budget for the project - Making annual operational plan and budget (nursery wise) with the support of operational team for all 4 verticals of PGH.
6) Periodic Review
Monitoring & Coordination Responsibilities7) Involving technical experts as consultants to evolve the process and methodology in nursery development, plantations, timber harvesting, organic certification etc.,
- Weekly con-call with Trees For All team to monitor the activity of sector coordinators, troubleshooting etc.,
- Monthly internal review meeting with team members of all 4 verticals to assess project progress
Minimal Educational Qualifications: Other
Skills and Competencies: • Tamil & English fluency, savvy with making presentations & reports • Preferably with 7 – 10 years’ work experience and capable of leading a team. • Good in inter personal problem solving capabilities • Attitude of a team player rather than hierarchical lead • Willing to travel extensively across Tamil Nadu at least 15 days a month • Analytical capabilities reflecting in data based decision making
Computer Skills: Yes. Comfortable with MS office and presentation skills
Required Work Experience: 7 years
Gender Preference: Male
What do we look for in our candidates?
Entrepeneural Spirit and an egoless nature.
Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed.
Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
You love to have fun, but you also take your responsibilities seriously.