Context of this Job
This is an open position for PR & Media at Isha Foundation.
The foothills of the Velliangiri mountains, forty kilometers from the city of Coimbatore in South India, serve as home for the Isha Yoga Center. The Center is dedicated to fostering inner transformation and creating an established state of wellbeing in individuals. The large residential facility houses an active international community of brahmacharis, full-time volunteers and visitors. Established by Sadhguru as a powerful sthana (a center for inner growth), it is unique in its offering of all the four paths of yoga – gnana (knowledge), karma (action), kriya (energy) and bhakti (devotion). Every week, thousands of people converge at the center to seek out inner peace and wellbeing, making it a vibrant hub of spiritual growth and activity.
“The reason why the ashram is being structured and created the way it is, is to make people understand that a spiritual process does not mean barrenness of life. Spiritual process means grandeur of life. It does not mean obscenity of excess but grandeur of life. Some aspects very carefully crafted to be minimalistic, some elaborate and exuberant.” - Sadhguru
What your role will be
General requirements from the person:
1. Have good exposure to published Sadhguru content - blogs, youtube etc.
2. Having active exposure/usage of social media etc.
3.Having understanding of what sort of content is appropriate/inappropriate for various audiences
4. Being aware of current affairs and news to good extent
5. Have experience in putting together some content. Not necessarily a video or article. It can be this person may have been involved in creating a brochure for some product. Some experience in seeing how to communicate something to people is the point. Being able to put together some content in a logical, understandable flow so that it is not disjointed is the requirement.
6. Reasonable command of English to be able to write grammatically correct English.
Minimal Educational Qualifications: Not Specific
Skills and Competencies: Listed down in the job description
Computer Skills: Basic
Required Work Experience: 3 years
Gender Preference: None
What do we look for in our candidates?
Entrepeneural Spirit and an egoless nature.
Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed.
Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
You love to have fun, but you also take your responsibilities seriously.
Phone: (0422) 2515609 / 2515610
Isha Yoga Center
Ishana Vihar Post
Coimbatore – 641 114
Tamil Nadu, India.