Context of this Job
This is an open position for PR & Media at Isha Foundation.
The foothills of the Velliangiri mountains, forty kilometers from the city of Coimbatore in South India, serve as home for the Isha Yoga Center. The Center is dedicated to fostering inner transformation and creating an established state of wellbeing in individuals. The large residential facility houses an active international community of brahmacharis, full-time volunteers and visitors. Established by Sadhguru as a powerful sthana (a center for inner growth), it is unique in its offering of all the four paths of yoga – gnana (knowledge), karma (action), kriya (energy) and bhakti (devotion). Every week, thousands of people converge at the center to seek out inner peace and wellbeing, making it a vibrant hub of spiritual growth and activity.
“The reason why the ashram is being structured and created the way it is, is to make people understand that a spiritual process does not mean barrenness of life. Spiritual process means grandeur of life. It does not mean obscenity of excess but grandeur of life. Some aspects very carefully crafted to be minimalistic, some elaborate and exuberant.” - Sadhguru
What your role will be
• Team management
• Assigning roles and responsibilities to team members
• Briefing team members
• Regular team meetings and team integration
• Training of team members
• Inter-departmental coordination particular with Offerings team for content requirements
• Supporting the front-end, marketing lead
• Taking downloads of all leads/opportunities and auctioning them with the team and ensuring delivery
• Tracking email@example.com . Taking all requests and connecting with relevant departments and closing the loop with each media house in time.
• Along with the front end person, keeping in touch with regional media teams and supporting them with timely supply of content including print, electronic, digital and radio requests
Minimal Educational Qualifications: Bachelor of Public Relations(B.P.R)
Skills and Competencies: DESIRED SKILLS - Should have strong leadership and team management skills - Strong communication skills - Knowledge of English and Hindi languages is a must. Knowledge of at least one south Indian language would be added advantage - Must be experienced with at least 6-8 years of work experience
Computer Skills: MS Office and email
Required Work Experience: 5 years
Gender Preference: None
What do we look for in our candidates?
Entrepeneural Spirit and an egoless nature.
Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed.
Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
You love to have fun, but you also take your responsibilities seriously.
Phone: (0422) 2515609 / 2515610
Isha Yoga Center
Ishana Vihar Post
Coimbatore – 641 114
Tamil Nadu, India.