Context of this Job
This is an open position for PR & Media at Isha Foundation.
The foothills of the Velliangiri mountains, forty kilometers from the city of Coimbatore in South India, serve as home for the Isha Yoga Center. The Center is dedicated to fostering inner transformation and creating an established state of wellbeing in individuals. The large residential facility houses an active international community of brahmacharis, full-time volunteers and visitors. Established by Sadhguru as a powerful sthana (a center for inner growth), it is unique in its offering of all the four paths of yoga – gnana (knowledge), karma (action), kriya (energy) and bhakti (devotion). Every week, thousands of people converge at the center to seek out inner peace and wellbeing, making it a vibrant hub of spiritual growth and activity.
“The reason why the ashram is being structured and created the way it is, is to make people understand that a spiritual process does not mean barrenness of life. Spiritual process means grandeur of life. It does not mean obscenity of excess but grandeur of life. Some aspects very carefully crafted to be minimalistic, some elaborate and exuberant.” - Sadhguru
What your role will be
• To take Sadhguru to the world through mass media, striking new media partnerships for Sadhguru’s content – video, audio, articles
• Creating, strengthening and regularly meeting regional Isha media teams to nurture them
• There are at least 10 such media teams in 10 states
• Taking regional media team in-charges regularly for front end networking
• Passing on the opportunity to project manager in ashram and regular meeting with manager to ensure each opportunity is closed and is progressing
• Example –
• Mahashivratri was telecast on over 85 TV channels. Striking these deals, deliverables (such as logo placement) are met with, ensuring technical requirements are met with
• Rally for Rivers – over 18 national media partners and 21 states. Steps include meeting-negotiating, setting deliverables, ensuring deliverables, tracking deliverables are met with
• There are at least 20 TV channels and 20 newspapers/magazines in India through Sadhguru can be taken to people.
• This resource is expected to tap the immense opportunities lying underneath
Minimal Educational Qualifications: Bachelor of Arts(B.A)
Skills and Competencies: DESIRED SKILLS - Strong communication skills both verbal and non-verbal - Must be fluent in English and Hindi language - Knowledge of at least one south Indian language would be added advantage - Work experience – at least 6-7 of experience in the field of communications, mass media or public relations - Networking, relationship building abilities are essential
Computer Skills: MS Office
Required Work Experience: 4 years
Gender Preference: None
What do we look for in our candidates?
Entrepeneural Spirit and an egoless nature.
Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed.
Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
You love to have fun, but you also take your responsibilities seriously.
Phone: (0422) 2515609 / 2515610
Isha Yoga Center
Ishana Vihar Post
Coimbatore – 641 114
Tamil Nadu, India.