Context of this Job
This is an open position at Isha Foundation.
The foothills of the Velliangiri mountains, forty kilometers from the city of Coimbatore in South India, serve as home for the Isha Yoga Center. The Center is dedicated to fostering inner transformation and creating an established state of wellbeing in individuals. The large residential facility houses an active international community of brahmacharis, full-time volunteers and visitors. Established by Sadhguru as a powerful sthana (a center for inner growth), it is unique in its offering of all the four paths of yoga – gnana (knowledge), karma (action), kriya (energy) and bhakti (devotion). Every week, thousands of people converge at the center to seek out inner peace and wellbeing, making it a vibrant hub of spiritual growth and activity.
“The reason why the ashram is being structured and created the way it is, is to make people understand that a spiritual process does not mean barrenness of life. Spiritual process means grandeur of life. It does not mean obscenity of excess but grandeur of life. Some aspects very carefully crafted to be minimalistic, some elaborate and exuberant.” - Sadhguru
What your role will be
PR and fundraising activities with corporate houses to fund ongoing CSR efforts from Isha.
- Ability to leverage the contacts and raise funds as and when time/situation demands.
- Establish new contacts with new companies based on proactive outreach (either cold-calling or through existing network of relationships/meditators)
- Nurture existing corporate contacts by providing timely reports/compliments, invitations to Isha special events etc
- Good proposal writing skills & ability to make compelling presentations.
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills – in-person, over phone and email.
- Self-driven – Since the job is based in Bangalore, the person should be on self-start. Actively think on his/her feet to constantly see how to explore new contacts.
- Ability to articulate the impact and the need for our different outreach activities.
Minimal Educational Qualifications: Other
Skills and Competencies: Previous CSR experience needed. Should have been involved in raising funds through CSR route for non-profits.
Computer Skills: Basic email communication is needed
Required Work Experience: 7 years
Gender Preference: None
What do we look for in our candidates?
Entrepeneural Spirit and an egoless nature.
Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed.
Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
You love to have fun, but you also take your responsibilities seriously.