Context of this Job
This is an open position at Isha Foundation.
The foothills of the Velliangiri mountains, forty kilometers from the city of Coimbatore in South India, serve as home for the Isha Yoga Center. The Center is dedicated to fostering inner transformation and creating an established state of wellbeing in individuals. The large residential facility houses an active international community of brahmacharis, full-time volunteers and visitors. Established by Sadhguru as a powerful sthana (a center for inner growth), it is unique in its offering of all the four paths of yoga – gnana (knowledge), karma (action), kriya (energy) and bhakti (devotion). Every week, thousands of people converge at the center to seek out inner peace and wellbeing, making it a vibrant hub of spiritual growth and activity.
“The reason why the ashram is being structured and created the way it is, is to make people understand that a spiritual process does not mean barrenness of life. Spiritual process means grandeur of life. It does not mean obscenity of excess but grandeur of life. Some aspects very carefully crafted to be minimalistic, some elaborate and exuberant.” - Sadhguru
What your role will be
· Participate in design briefs with clients, editors and/or marketers to identify their needs
· Agreeing the brief and developing visual ideas that suit the brief
· Brainstorm with the design team to come up with new ideas, patterns and styles
· seeking client approval for ideas with rough visuals - this stage may involve going back to the drawing
board several times to rework sketches
· Combine hand-drawing and painting with digital media to create complete illustrations
· Refine designs with software
· Use various colours, graphics and effects to better visualize each concept
· Stay up-to-date with new design techniques and software
Minimal Educational Qualifications: Diploma in Graphic Design
Skills and Competencies: · Proven work experience as an Illustrator, Graphic Designer or similar role · Demonstrable portfolio of completed illustrations · Solid knowledge of image editing and digital sketching software, like Photoshop, Indesign and Adobe Illustrator · Drawing skills with an attention to detail (both by hand and digital pen) · Strong aesthetic and conceptual skills · Ability to collaborate and meet deadlines · to be able to work to a brief, solve problems creatively and adapt their style · creativity and imagination
Computer Skills: Graphic design related
Required Work Experience: 5 years
Gender Preference: None
What do we look for in our candidates?
Entrepeneural Spirit and an egoless nature.
Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed.
Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
You love to have fun, but you also take your responsibilities seriously.