Context of this Job
This is an open position for Education at Isha Vidhya.
Isha Vidhya is committed to raising the level of education and literacy in rural India and to helping disadvantaged children realize their full potential. The project seeks to ensure quality education for children in rural areas, opening the door for them to participate in and benefit from India’s economic growth.
Featuring English- and computer-based education that is complemented by innovative methods for the overall development and blossoming of each student, Isha Vidhya schools empower rural children to meet future challenges.
The Isha Vidhya schools distinguish themselves by…
- Offering affordable, high-quality education in rural areas
- Taking education beyond literacy and rudimentary skills
- Empowering rural children to participate globally
- Actively promoting education of female children
- Increasing educational awareness in rural societies
- Preserving village identities and culture
What your role will be
- ACH/ECS payment handling
- Dealing with retail customers for fundraising
- Customer facing - explaining, negotiating, fundraising
- Person should be able to travel across cities
- Candidate should be good in numbers/math (atleast 12th std Math or good knowledge in Accounting)
- Preferably an Isha meditator
Minimal Educational Qualifications: Any
Skills and Competencies: Good in English (Written & Verbal) & Tamil (Verbal) Customer facing skills
Computer Skills: Sound knowledge in Microsoft Excel is must Email
Required Work Experience: 4 years
Gender Preference: Male
What do we look for in our candidates?
Entrepeneural Spirit and an egoless nature.
Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed.
Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
You love to have fun, but you also take your responsibilities seriously.